Optimus EMR: The Ultimate Cloud-Based Solution for Your Long-Term Care Facility
If you run a long-term care (LTC) facility, you know that the existing federal regulations mandate you to use certified electronic medical record (EMR) software or face penalties. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) began incentivizing the LTC industry to use this technology in 2015. Unfortunately, the EMR solutions designed for the general healthcare industry do not provide a one-size-fits-all solution. Most of their features don’t adequately meet the needs of long-term care practices. Nursing homes and other care providers have different settings from physical offices and hospitals.
This means that LTC facilities must look for EMR solutions specifically designed for the LTC industry, and they exist. Pointing out the pitfalls of a platform your LTC facility must use daily is easy. However, the more challenging task is in determining the particular EMR features for long-term care facilities. Fortunately, this article introduces you to one of the reliable solutions you can embrace for your facility, Optimus EMR. This will save you from the trouble of sorting through a myriad of existing solutions.
What Is Optimus EMR
Optimus EMR may not be a household name, but it’s a platform worth considering for your LTC facility. It features unique cutting-edge technology that delivers the most advanced, intuitive EMR software solutions for LTC organizations. Optimus is an industry leader in providing automated and comprehensive LTC solutions, including eCharting, EMR, Point of Care, and eMAR/eTAR.
It comes as a complete EMR solution designed to improve patient or resident care while reducing operational costs. Besides, it comes in handy to help you take care of various clinical settings and collect the necessary data for revenue maximization.
Features of the Optimus EMR Software
Optimus EMR is fitted with various functions for enhanced productivity:
- Management Dashboard or Electronic Control Center (eCC): this is the customized executive digital board designed for administrators, senior executives, and department managers. It effectively displays the key areas that need constant monitoring for effective clinical and financial operations.
- Electronic Chart (eChart): this is the new method in EMR solutions that represents the latest methods of assessing and viewing crucial resident data in real-time.
- Technology Internet Protection: also known as the Data Center or Executive Portal, these function serves to protect your facility against temporary internet outages that disrupt operations. This is one differentiating factor that sets Optimus apart from the competition. Internet outages can lead to costly downtimes by hampering clinical activities and access to essential documents. As such, the platform comes with built-in redundant data centers to protect it against disasters and outages. Through the executive portal, clinicians and validated management can access the platform remotely using any computer or device.
- ADT: this is the front-end repository for all patient or resident information. It captures the history of all status changes that apply to clinical and billing transactions.
- CCRT functions: if your LTC facility has combined campuses, the CCRT module allows you to transfer patients from one level of care to another with ease. For example, you can move them from assisted living to SNF, accompanied by their clinical and demographic information.
- Security HIPAA and HITECH: you can easily track all users within the system to access their records and all actions taken. The module has a staff badge with an embedded unique ID for electronic signatures and authenticated assessment trials. These assessments or audits are crucial for CCHIT certification and practical daily functions of surveys and defense in liability claims.
- Progress Notes Assessments: all caregivers should have a customized and structured user interface for proper documentation. The structured notes module, instead of free text, has a higher reimbursement value and clinical alerts.
- Full Therapy Module: this allows therapists to complete evaluation and treatment notes and make them available for viewing by all clinicians and billing specialists.
- Interoperability: one crucial function for electronic health records(EHR) is sharing clinical information with other organizations and providers. Optimus EMR communicates bi-directionally to share clinical information with other stakeholders like labs, pharmacies, acute hospitals, radiology companies, and local HIEs.
- Full MD Module: the function allows users to access physical exams, interim notes, discharge summaries, and system-specific notes. With this information, physicians can effectively maintain all patient or resident clinical records.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): nurses can track ADLs through the unique touchscreen kiosks in your facility. This simple, yet robust, method of documentation is ideal for populating MDS look-back periods and eChart for staff compliance and reporting.
- Point-of-Care Documentation and Data Collection: the platform allows you to use all available technologies like tablets and wall-mounted kiosks to populate all the relevant sections of the databases. This makes it possible for users to access them in the future through financial calculations, the eCC alerts, the eChart, and reports.
- Automated MDS 3.0: Optimus EMR comes with a computerized MDS 3.0 System that functions as the cornerstone of the platform. The module operates on-demand, using a combination of assessments, observations, MD notes, nurse notes, and ADLs collected during routine documentation and care.
- Electronic Treatment Administration Records (eTAR): the module allows direct access to the skin and wound module to support charting during treatments.
- Electronic Medication Administration Records (eMAR): this is one of the most popular modules. It functions by ensuring residents get their medication at the right time, with guaranteed uptime if outages happen. The module’s functions allow for direct input to behavioral and pain documentation during the administration of medication for compliance and efficiency. The module makes Optimus EMR one of the best in real-time accuracy and redundancy access functions.
Optimus EMR Support By Veltec Networks
While you may not have heard about Optimus EMR before, it comes as the EMR solution you need for your LTC facility. As a cloud-based and HIPAA-compliant platform, it increases your business efficiency by providing real-time data access, either remotely or on-site. Its various modules ensure that all functions within the facility are well taken care of, and you don’t have to look for another EMR tool to supplement its tasks.
You may be a little apprehensive about using Optimus EMR at first, and we understand your reasons. That is why Veltec Networks is here to help you make the transition to this reliable EMR software. Contact us today with all your questions, and for support in using Optimus EMR for long-term productivity of your LTC facility.