Many businesses start out handling various aspects of their business, including information technology, on their own, however, once you start growing and hiring more staff members, you need to focus on other areas of the company, including the following:
- Marketing your products and/or services
- Establishing trusting relationships with clients
- Handling new business opportunities coming in
- Providing unsurpassed client service to those you serve
Should you outsource or hire internal IT personnel to handle your information technology? For most companies, hiring internal IT personnel is often too cost prohibitive as you’re paying a full-time salary and benefits. When you choose to outsource, you’re transferring the responsibility of handling information technology over to an IT services company – allowing you to achieve the following benefits:
- Greater cost savings: As we’ve stated, bringing a full-time IT person onboard will be expensive, especially if you’re looking for someone who’s highly skilled. Outsourcing gives you the skill-sets of an entire company – without paying a monthly salary and benefits. Plus, the cost stays predictable when you choose to leverage managed IT services.
- More expertise and skill-sets: A single employee has specific expertise and skill-sets, whereas an IT services company has an entire team of technicians with varying expertise and skill-sets – and all of those technicians are regularly trained and kept up-to-date with the latest technologies available on the market.
- Access to the latest solutions: An IT services company has access to the latest hardware, software, and innovational solutions that might work well for your company – and they have the ability to get the best possible price due to partnerships they have; whereas an internal IT person might not have the same access.
When you choose to hire internally, you’re bringing in someone who’s able to help you handle your information technology needs, however, you’re trusting the skill-sets, time, and expertise of one single person; and if that person goes on vacation or becomes overloaded, you’re going to need help.
We recommend outsourcing, or at the very least, taking advantage of an IT services company to augment your internal staff when they’re busy or out of the office. This way, you have all the benefits of outsourcing while having someone in-house, on hand when needed.
Ready to outsource the management of your technology? Contact us at (408) 809-0774 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to take care of all your IT needs.