VMware vs. Microsoft Hyper-V – More Reasons Why VMware Gives You a Greater ROI!
We understand that virtualization, when its utilized properly, can significantly contribute to improving day-to-day operations of any business to meet the growing technology demands of today’s market. When it comes to virtualization, nothing is more important than choosing the right virtualization technology – which is the program that allows you to have multiple operating systems on the same piece of hardware.
Choosing the wrong virtualization technology can create long-term issues and could cause havoc on a company’s budget. With the two leading virtualization software providers, VMware and Hyper-V, GDS wants to ensure you obtain the proper information you need to in making the right virtualization choice, which is why we choose VMware to meet all of our business needs.
Why is VMware the right virtualization choice for your business? Here are more of the benefiting factors you’ll want to consider:
- The VMware SDDC is a complete data center virtualization and automation solution that provides automatic access to the following capabilities, all portable with the VM and embedded in the software hypervisor: Networking, Storage, Security, Firewalls, VPNs, Fault Tolerance, Backups and more.
- Ensure your critical applications perform predictably with vSphere’s advanced features that provide the essential reliability and stability your business needs in a datacenter, both in uptime and performance consistency.
- vCenter, VMware’s ONE single management interface with end-to-end visibility, centralized automation and guidance is more efficient than EIGHT separate interfaces and Powershell scripts required to manage Microsoft Hyper-V.
- VMware’s ease of management, useful automation and infrastructure flexibility drive real-world budget and time savings for our customers, with no hidden costs or long-term technology budget surprises. Providing up to 49% more savings in capital expenditures then a hardware dependent data center system like Microsoft’s Hyper-V.
- Don’t get stuck with an operating system-dependent hypervisors like Hyper-V, which adds more risk, complexity and require more patching. VMware’s software-defined data center reduces the chances of human error and increases the speed of provisioning.
- vSphere provides you the flexibility as it is compatible to use with just about any operating system, while if you use Hyper-V you’re stuck with only being able to use one, Windows Server 2012.
- VMware’s smaller, purpose-built hypervisor, represents a less-risky virtualization platform with far less management overhead and complexity. With Microsoft, admin time is lost having to manage a large, general-purpose operating system that contains complexity in codes unrelated to virtualization.
- Size comparison and compatibility wise, VMware only takes 153MB of space and can be installed on almost any operating system, where as Microsoft’s Hyper-V takes 13GB of space and can only function on Windows Server 2012.
- VMware continues to be the foundation for VMware SDDC and offers a complete and integrated set of capabilities and features that are tailored to the client’s wants.
- VMware SDDC solutions deliver up to 90% lower operating expenses than Microsoft’s Hyper-V equivalent.
Our goal is to give your business the finest services and support, ensuring your business continues to grow and stay protected. VMware streamlines your work, makes completing tasks easier and more effective, and keeps your data safe, so you’ll stop worrying and focus on the job at hand.
Looking to get the right VMware services you need in San Francisco Bay Area? Then turn to Veltec Networks – we’re here to help! Contact us at (408) 849-4441 or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how VMware will help your business thrive.